CALL FOR SCIENTIFIC PAPERS FOR THE 53rd ISHACON, 2022
The scientific committee of ISHA invites scientific papers for the 53rd ISHACON, 2022
to be held through Virtual mode by Indian-Speech and Hearing Association, Mysore Chapter
(MyISHA) on 19th and 20th February, 2022. The abstracts of papers may be submitted under
Speech, Language, and Audiology Categories either in the oral/poster modes. The Oral
(platform) presentations are open to PG/PhD/Research Fellows/Practising Professionals.
December 10, 2021: Last date for submission of abstracts (Max. words -1200)
December 31, 2021: Notification of selection/rejection of abstracts
January 15, 2022: Last date for submission of full-length papers (Follow submission
guidelines of JISHA: http://www.jisha.org/contributors.asp)
IMPORTANT NOTE: Papers submitted for oral presentation will not be considered
for poster presentation. One author can submit a maximum of 5 papers only.
GUIDELINES FOR ABSTRACTS:
- The abstract must be on original clinical/research work carried out by the authors themselves.
No review of literature or compiling of work done by others will be accepted.
- The abstracts must include clearly defined sections as follows: Introduction, Need for the
study, Aim & Objectives, Method, Results & Discussion, and Summary & Conclusion
- Please check your abstract for similarity with previously published works (i.e., plagiarism).
Only those papers having ≤25% of similarity will be considered for review and possible
Intimation of decision:
- The last date for submission of abstracts is 10th December 2021 till 11 PM. Abstracts
submission portal will be deactivated after 11 PM on 10
th December, 2021. All abstracts
should be submitted through online “article submission” module by logging into your
- The presenting author should be a life/ordinary/student member of ISHA. ISHA membership
is mandatory for ALL co-authors who are Speech and Hearing professionals/students.
Membership number and email ID need to be submitted while submitting the abstract online.
- Please note that new membership registration will not be provided from 30th November
2021 to 10
th December 2021. Additionally, conversion of the 3 digit life membership
number to the current 8 digit number will also not be done during this period.
- The author who submits the abstract will be the PRESENTING and CORRESPONDING
author. No changes will be accepted after submission.
- The 8-digit ISHA membership number should be entered during submission. Wait for your
details to be updated on the ISHA website. To avoid problems during submission of
abstracts, it is advised to submit the documents well in time.
- All abstracts submitted by the due date will first be scrutinized for adherence to format
guidelines. Only those abstracts that meet the guidelines will be considered for the subsequent review process.
- The corresponding author will be intimated by email about the selection of the abstract by
December 31, 2021. Alternatively, the information will also be posted in the web portal of
ISHA. If abstract is selected for presentation at the 53
rd ISHACON, link will appear to submit
full length article in the ‘Article submission’ section. Full length papers, prepared in
adherence to the JISHA guidelines, must be submitted not later than the 15th January, 2022,
GUIDELINES FOR ABSTRACTS:
The authors of the abstract that are accepted who wish to compete for awards MUST submit the
full-length paper to the online submission portal of the conference (Please visit:
- The Full-length papers must be prepared in accordance with the manuscript preparation
guidelines of the Association’s official journal (JISHA). These guidelines are available at:
- Only the article files comprising of the title of the study, and full-length paper with
bibliography should be submitted. DONOT MENTION THE AUTHOR AND COAUTHORS NAME, INSTITUTE NAME AND ADDRESS IN THE ARTICLE FILE.
- Avoid the use of bullets in your article file
- Ensure that the combined file size does not exceed 1 MB.
- The article files must be submitted to the submission portal of ISHACON.
- DO NOT SUBMIT your article files to JISHA Portal!
REVIEW AND SELECTION PROCESS
- All abstracts will be reviewed by more than one reviewer. The outcome of this review
process would be recommendations for ‘accept’ or ‘reject’.
Prior to the commencement of the review process, a similarity (plagiarism) check would
be performed on all full-length papers. Only those papers with a similarity index < 25% would be
reviewed by more than one reviewer (and thus be eligible for possible awards) on the following
- The adherence to the preparation guidelines
- The logical organization of the content and substrates on which the outcome(s) is/are
derived (e.g., study design, sample size, methods of data collection, analysis, and
- The research/clinical impact of the study and
The onsite evaluation
Please contact respective co-ordinator for any further clarifications:
Dr. Pradeep Yuvaraj: Overall Coordinator
Coordinator for scientific papers in Audiology
Dr. Sunil Kumar Ravi:
Coordinator for scientific papers in Language
Mr. Sundaresan R.
: Coordinator for scientific papers in Speech.
53rd ISHACON Scientific Committee members:
Dr. Pradeep Yuvaraj (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Dr. Sunil Kumar Ravi,
Mr. Achaiah M. A,
Mr. Sundaresan R.
The Local Scientific organizing committee members
: Dr. Santosh M. (C), Dr. Hemanth (MS), Dr. Priya M.B., Dr. Divya Seth, Dr. Niharika, Dr. Reuben Thomas, Dr. Prashanth Prabhu P